13 Sep 6 Questions With Health Industry Leaders — John Spertus, Cardiologist at St. Luke’s Mid-America Heart Institute
For our third video interview in our series entitled “6 Questions With Health Industry Leaders,” the Engage Mobile team spoke with John Spertus, a cardiologist at St. Luke’s Mid-America Heart Institute at UMKC.
The video and full transcript of the interview with John Spertus can be found here.
Below is the full video of the Episode 3 interview:
The “6 Questions With Health Industry Leaders” interview series asks six industry-related questions to health professionals from a variety of fields. Check out our first interview with Kimberly Young here, and our second interview with David Westbrook here. About the Interview In this four-minute interview, John Spertus discusses upcoming trends of precision medicine, and how Health Outcome Sciences, the company he founded, will factor into future developments. Check back soon for future episodes of “6 Questions With Health Industry Leaders.” About St. Luke’s Mid-America Heart Institute Saint Luke’s Health System includes 10 hospitals across the Kansas City region, home care and hospice, behavioral health care, dozens of physician practices, and more. Saint Luke’s offers:
- The region’s only adult heart transplant program, and one of the nation’s leading cardiovascular disease outcome research programs, at Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute
- Treatment for complex brain and spinal cord diseases, and the nation’s leading stroke reversal program dedicated to preventing and treating stroke, at Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute
- A Level I trauma center
- Advanced surgical care
- Liver and kidney transplantation programs
- A comprehensive maternal-fetal diagnostic and treatment center
- A Level IIIb Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (one of the highest level of neonatal care according to national standards)
- An eICU, an innovative electronic intensive care patient care and monitoring program that spans multiple hospitals throughout the region and enhances outstanding bedside care
- A nationally recognized children’s behavioral health center
** To recommend a health leader for the series or to share any questions or comments about the interview, feel free to contact us.