24 Sep Search According to Google – 4 Search Moments Every Marketer Should Know
Google just introduced a new report/infographic titled “4 New Moments Every Marketer Should Know” and it is fascinating. The overview is that there are four reasons people look for information – or four types of “moments” – where decisions are made and preferences are shaped… very basic but incredibly powerful stuff.
While many marketers feel the world of search and marketing have stabilized, this is far from the truth. Mobile continues to evolve and consumers’ use of search on mobile devices is different than how they use search on the desktop.
It does not matter if users are sitting on the couch watching a commercial, out and about looking for the best Italian restaurant or researching a product they are about to buy in the store, mobile is having a profound impact on how consumers use search.
According to Google, the following are the four moments:
- 65% of online consumers look up more information online now versus a few years ago.
- 66% of smartphone users turn to their phones to look up something they saw in a TV commercial.
- 2x increase in “near me” search interest in the past year.
- 82% of smartphone users use a search engine when looking for a local business.
- 91% of smartphone users turn to their phones for ideas while doing a task.
- 100M+ hours of “how-to” content have been watched on YouTube so far this year.
- 82% of smartphone users consult their phones while in a store deciding what to buy.
- 29% increase in mobile conversion rates in the past year.
At Engage Mobile we are continually working to help our clients understand how the shifting digital landscape creates opportunities (and threats) for businesses of today and tomorrow.